1 can of Jumbo buttermilk biscuits
1 cup of sugar
5 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 cup of peanut oil
1 cup of melted chocolate chips
- In an medium sauce pan, heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Take an old pop bottle top and poke holes in the middle of all the biscuits.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a bowl big enough to coat the doughnuts when finished.
- Work fast. Melt chocolate when doughnuts are all coated with dry ingredients.
- Save the holes you poke out, they make great doughnut holes.
- Spread the biscuits out gently, but not too much. You don’t want tacky looking doughnuts.
- Put the biscuits in grease, no more than two at a time.
- Lightly brown each side, they cook fast, remember its dough.
- Place hot, cooked doughnut in the cinnamon spiced sugar and coat both sides while still hot with grease, so the sugar will stick. Place on a dessert plate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cooked doughnuts.
Note: Goes well with crushed pecans, or rainbow sprinkles on top….