1 lb Sweet Potato’s
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 c. turbinado sugar
1 Tbs. of vanilla
1 Tbs. of nutmeg
1 tsp. of allspice
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 cup of unbleached white flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup low-fat milk or half & half
- Wash and bake sweet potato(s) with skin on in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, thenpeel and discard the skin.
- Mash the remainder and add butter, so that it melts.
- Then add the remaining ingredients in the order given above.
- Mix everything until there are no lumps.
- Taste it to make sure it’s similar to a sweet potato/pumpkin pie mixture.
- Spray a bundt pan with a non-stick spray and add the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-45 minutes, or until the top is brown and upon poking it with a tooth- pick, it comes out semi-dry.
- Let it settle for about 10 minutes and turn onto a plate bottom down. Sprinkle with a little powder sugar for a garnish if desired.
Note: The consistency of this cake is not porous, but is quite dense, if I may. It is very moist and does not remind you of cake at all.