Ingredients for topping:
1 can of pineapple slices
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of pineapple juice
2 Tbs. of butter
1 jar of cherries
Ingredients for batter:
1 box of yellow cake mix (or pineapple cake mix)
1 tsp of vanilla
eggs (see cake mix recommendations, probably 2-3)
1/3 cup of oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease Bundt pan with shortening.
- Sprinkle flour on top of the Bundt pan.
- Lay brown sugar in the Bundt pan.
- Cut dashes of butter on the sugar.
- Dry off pineapples and cherries with a paper towel.
- Place pineapples with cherries in the centers on the bottom of the Bundt pan.
- Follow the cake mix directions, except add vanilla and use 1 cup of pineapple juice instead of straight water. If the directions call for more than 1 cup of water, use 1 cup of pineapple juice and add water for the remainder.
Also, if the cake mix directions ask for butter, use only half that amount of butter and use oil for the other half. If the directions ask for oil and no butter, use the requested amount of oil.
Mix the batter per the directions.
- Pour the batter over the top of the pineapples and cherries.
- Spread it out until it is even.
- Place the Bundt pan in the oven.
- Cook until completely cooked inside. (Check by sticking toothpicks into the cake…when it comes out dry then it is done. It is better to leave it in longer than to under cook it.)
It will take about 5 minutes more than the cake mix instructions recommend.
- Put aluminum foil on the table in two long sheets.
- When cake is done, dump the cake on it quickly, so the pineapples are facing up.
- Take any extra pineapples off the pan while it is still hot and place them on the cake.
- Allow to cool a little and enjoy.